6.14.2008

Jon Payne of Western Air Enterprises

'Flight Instructor'

Jon is someone who always had a very clear vision of what he was going to do when he retired. I am always inspired by someone who lives into such a vivid future. So I'm especially pleased that Jon is one of the 50 entrepreneurs profiled my upcoming book. I've known Jon for 5 years, and as long as I've known him, he's always talked about the day he'll be making a living doing what he loves (flying). Jon's passion is aviation, and he shares this with anyone who has the desire as a flight instructor. He's now a proud partner in the school where he first did his 'discovery' flight almost 8 years ago!

Jon's ditched the corporate world and his 'living the dream' - he doesn't feel like he's worked a single day since he started. If what you get to do 7 days a week pays the bills and doesn't feel like work, you've arrived.

One of the most impactful things he left me with at the end our interview: "If you woke up and were told it was the last day of your life, would you go into work?" He's doing what he loves now, so his answer is yes!

No comments: